living in the little sunny island, it very important to protect yourself from the sunny rays especially with the hot scorching sun for the past few months *expect for this few days of rain* oh well, but nowadays most of the products seem to be having all those UV filter, SPF together inside, like cosmetics, even hair oil etc ..
now, putting on sunscreen is part of my daily routine before going out of the house (:
so why sunscreen/sunblock?
Excessive or unprotected exposure to the sun can lead to sunburn, wrinkles, skin degeneration and even skin cancer. It is important that you protect your skin from sun exposure on a daily basis to prevent skin dangers.
so in this post, i will be comparing 2 different sunscreen :
Bio-essence Bio Water SPF56 and Biore UV Perfect Face Milk
let's start with Bio-essence Bio Water SPF 56 ..
Bio Water Power Protect extract cooling sunscreen SPF 56 PA++ is a water-based formula which provide the skin with high sun protection with an invisibly light finish. Also specially formulated with Bio-Essence miracle Bio water = low in mineral contents and rich in trace minerals!! Plus it instantly provides 2 times more cooling and moisturizing effect on the skin, with hyaluronic acid meaning deep hydration.
- With SPF56 to provide skin with high, long lasting protection from harmful UVA & UVB rays
- Provides instant and long lasting coolness to the skin
- With Hyaluronic Acid which intensively replenishes and locks in moisture to constantly keep skin hydrated and supple
- Rich in trace minerals to nourish and moisturize skin
- Fine and light-weight texture, leaving no greasy and sticky feel on skin after application
- An ideal makeup base for a more refined and natural makeup
comes with a twist/turn cap, so its easy to open & close. when you squeeze the bottle, once or twice is also quite easy to over squeeze too (> . <)
how to use?
just need to shake well and apply adequate amount onto face and neck.
- it has this quite creamy yet watery texture, felt a little thick at first but after spreading it over my skin, it felt watery but not sticky.
- its quite easily spread and absorb into the skin (:
- dont really fancy the scent that much, since its smell a little like plastic.
- hydration? no itchy-ness or dryness felt after applying, felt the cooling effect after use.
- but after using this sunscreen, my face ended up slightly more oily after a day of work ):
got this from watsons, abotu $28 ++ for the promotion pack which come with 2 bio-essences miracle bio water spray 100ml plus this bio water sunscreen. unless you want to get it by itself, its about $21 plus *if i didnt remember wrong* oh well, you can always go to the store and check it out since it include the tester there to test test!
next, Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ ..
Product description :
Been using this sunblock for quite a while already, actually bought another bottle but ended up in my sister shelf since she also using this brand. that why i decided to try bio-essence now. i must say i do love Japanese products!
another twist/turn cover, however this time round, this sunblock is easily over squeeze since its more milky and liquid.
- love the milky liquid texture. very easily spread over the skin and absorb.
- leave a smooth feeling to your skin plus matte finishing! i guess this is suitable for oily skin as its doesnt make my face very oily after a day of work as compare to bio water sunscreen (:
- light weight and non-sticky feeling
- usually mix together with my bb cream since its much easier to apply or else if apply after the milk, it will be harder to apply *which i dunno why* but really, mixing it together make it easier and save time .
so which is better?
personally i would pick Biore UV Perfect Face Milk as compare to Bio-essence Bio Water Power Protect Cooling Sunscreen. why? biore one is much more light weight and really leave a smooth and matte finishing, plus its doesnt leave my face that oily as compare to bio water one. if you do compare the pricing, Biore will be much cheaper but in 30 ml as compare to 40 ml for bio water.
whether which is better than the other one, i guess both are actually quite good. but when it comes down to the skin types, biore will suit better for *easily* oily skin type like me.
oh well, with the new Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence with BB out recently, *impulse buy again* cant wait to get my hand on this new baby! sunblock plus BB? what more can you ask for right? its $19.90 at watsons if you like to get your hands on this too (: